Crispy and chewy pizza crust from your own homemade dough is so easy to make at right at home!
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (bread flour)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups water at 110 degrees F
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the 110 degree F water. Stir to combine. Let stand for approximately 10 minutes or until foamy or frothy on top.
- Once the yeast mixture is foamy, pour into flour bowl and add olive oil. Stir by hand until dough forms a ball, or use a hook attachment on mixer on low speed for approximately 1 minute.
- Place dough ball on a lightly floured work surface and knead approximately 4 to 5 minutes, or until dough is smooth.
- Coat a large bowl with olive oil. Place dough ball in bowl and cover with plastic wrap or hand towel. Place in a warm area free of drafts and allow to rise (about 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in size).
- Divide dough in half.
- When ready to use, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Spread dough onto a lightly greased 10 or 12 inch pizza pan. Top with desired amount of sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breads
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: homemade pizza dough