- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 large head of cabbage, very thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow or red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, very thinly sliced
- Place thinly sliced cabbage, onion and green pepper in a large bowl. Be sure the bowl has a lid to cover for marinating.
- In a large saucepan, bring vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, pepper, ground mustard and celery seed to a boil.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and stir well to combine. COVER immediately and allow to reach room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours and serve.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coleslaw, marinated