A satisfying salad with fresh kale, mandarin oranges, pineapple, walnuts, dried cranberries and feta cheese and drizzled with an easy homemade lemon poppy seed vinaigrette.
For the vinaigrette:
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
For the salad:
- 1 bunch kale, washed, large stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges (no sugar added – in water), drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can pineapple chunks (in juice), drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients. Set aside.
- Prepare salad by placing chopped kale in a large bowl. Top with remaining salad ingredients and toss to combine. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kale and fruit salad