For the danish:
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10.2-ounce) package Pillsbury Grands Flaky Biscuits (5 biscuits)
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar (for coating bottom of glass)
- 1 (21-ounce) can blueberry pie filling (or any other fruit pie filling)
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar and
- 1 tablespoon water or milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and set aside.
- Using a serrated knife, slice biscuits in half lengthwise and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Dip bottom of glass in powdered sugar and place on each biscuit to form an indention. Dip in powdered sugar for each biscuit so the glass won’t stick to the dough.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into dough first, then top with blueberry pie filling (you’ll use about half of the can of pie filling).
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While danish are baking, prepare glaze by stirring powdered sugar and water (or milk) until smooth.
- Cool danish on a wire rack and drizzle with glaze. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Adapted from Hip2Save.com