- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups tightly packed fresh spinach
- Rinse scallops and shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook scallops first – Cook scallops on each side for approximately 2-1/2 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add more olive oil to the skillet if necessary and cook shrimp – Cook for about 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides. Transfer to the plate with the cooked scallops and set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, stirring constantly (about 30 seconds).
- Add broth, cream, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes. Add spinach and continue to simmer until spinach is wilted and sauce is slightly thickened (about 1-2 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Return shrimp and scallops to skillet and serve topped with cream sauce.
- Optional: serve over cooked pasta, if desired.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, eggs or unpasteurized milk may increase your risk of foodborne illness.