This sweet and tart Cranberry Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is so EASY to make – No one will ever know it’s made from a doctored-up box cake mix!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices, drained *RESERVE 1/2 CUP PINEAPPLE JUICE FOR CAKE*
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box pineapple supreme cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice reserved from can
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.
- Pour melted butter in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices on top of brown sugar. Place 2-3 cranberries in the middle of each pineapple slice and around pineapple slices.
Prepare the batter:
- Beat together cake mix, pudding mix, nutmeg, cinnamon, eggs, sour cream, vegetable oil, pineapple juice and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed (or with a stand mixer using the paddle attachment). Beat until smooth, about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Pour batter over pineapple slices and cranberries and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center is removed clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes and invert onto a serving platter.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cranberry pineapple upside down cake, pineapple upside down cake