- 8 slices thick cut applewood smoked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 3 dozen little neck clams, rinsed and scrubbed
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided (1/3 cup for broth, 1/3 cup for garnish)
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook bacon and onion until onion starts to brown and bacon is cooked, stirring frequently, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and stir an additional minute.
- Add tomatoes with juice. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add clams to tomato mixture and cover. Boil until clams open, stirring occasionally. Discard any unopened clams.
- Remove from heat and add 1/3 cup of parsley, stirring very gently to combine. Spoon into shallow bowls and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Adapted from Bon Appetit