For the balsamic vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced fresh garlic
For the pasta salad:
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions (I used penne pasta)
- 2/3 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed or shredded
- 2 1/2 cups cups fully cooked cubed or shredded chicken
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together balsamic vinegar, olive oil and minced garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl and add pesto. Stir gently until well coated. Add chicken, tomatoes, cheese, salt and pepper. Stir gently again to combine.
- Add desired amount of balsamic vinaigrette to each serving.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: caprese chicken pasta salad