Easy and delicious restaurant-style salsa prepared in your blender or food processor that's bursting with Mexican flavor!
- ½ medium white onion cut into wedges
- 1 jalapeno stem, ribs and seeds removed and cut into about 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves tightly packed
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes with juices - do not drain
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (Rotel) with juices - do not drain
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Place onion, jalapeno, and garlic first in a large capacity blender pitcher or food processor bowl (my blender pitcher capacity is 60 ounces), then add remaining ingredients.
Cover and blend or pulse until desired consistency is met.
Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- This recipe yields 6 cups of salsa.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 to 6 days.
- For added heat, feel free to include some (or all) of the jalapeno seeds.
- Regular diced tomatoes can be substituted for fire roasted tomatoes.