Classic Tuna Salad
This tuna salad is the perfect combination of tuna, crunchy celery, red onion and sweet pickle relish in a creamy seasoned dressing with dill. An easy and delicious appetizer, snack, lunch or dinner!
- 1 (12 ounce) can chunk light tuna in water well drained
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
Place drained tuna, mayonnaise, relish, lemon juice, celery, onion, dill, garlic powder and pepper in a medium bowl.
Stir to combine. Season with salt (to taste) if desired.
- If you prefer your salad on the less creamy side, start with 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise and increase until desired creaminess is reached.
- Dill pickle relish can be substituted for sweet.
- Feel free to adjust the seasonings to your personal preference!
- This can be served immediately, but is best when refrigerated for at least 1 hour (in an airtight container).
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.
- Yields approximately 2 cups.