This soothing and comforting Hot Toddy is so easy to make with simple, everyday ingredients.
- 1 ¾ cups boiling water
- 2 herbal tea bags
- 3 tablespoons honey more or less, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from about ½ lemon
- ¼ cup whiskey
- cinnamon sticks, star anise and/or lemon wheels studded with cloves optional garnish
Boil water in a small saucepan. Place tea bags in boiling water, remove from heat and cover to steep for approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
Pour tea into mug. Pour in honey, lemon juice and whiskey. Stir to combine.
Garnish with cinnamon sticks, star anise and/or lemon wedges studded with cloves, if desired.
- Brandy, dark rum or spiced rum can be substituted for whiskey.
- Maple syrup or agave syrup can be substituted for honey.