Skip the store-bought mix and make your own Bloody Mary from scratch with simple, everyday ingredients!
Servings 1 serving (about 10-1/2 ounces)
- Old Bay Seasoning or seasoning of your choice for rimming glass
- Lemon or lime wedge for rimming glass
- 2 ounces vodka your favorite
- 8 ounces tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Dash Freshly ground black pepper
- Garnishes of your choice
Sprinkle Old Bay Seasoning on a small plate. Rub lemon or lime wedge around rim of glass to moisten.
Dip rim of glass into seasoning to coat evenly. Fill glass with ice.
Fill a cocktail shaker about ½ full of ice. Add vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and pepper.
Cover shaker and shake vigorously for about 10 to 15 seconds.
Strain into rimmed glass with ice. Garnish with desired toppings.
- I enjoy this recipe as written, but feel free to customize to your personal taste by experimenting with different amounts of ingredients!
- Nutrition info does not include seasoning for rimming glass or toppings.