Simple Dog Biscuits
Treat your furry friend to these incredibly easy homemade dog treats. This recipe uses basic, simple ingredients and can easily be adapted to include delicious add-ins!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour and additional flour for dusting surface
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- ⅓ to ½ cup water
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix flour, eggs and water in a large bowl, forming a stiff dough with your hands. Add more water if necessary.
Dust surface with flour. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough about ¼ inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into shapes (or use a pizza cutter wheel or knife to cut into small strips).
Place onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through.
Cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- This recipe yields approximately 35 (3 inch) bone shaped dog biscuits.
- Please consult your veterinarian before feeding your dog any type of homemade dog food or treats.
- Add-Ins: Add 2 tablespoons of one the following, if desired. Start with 1/3 cup of water when using add-ins and add more water if necessary to form a stiff dough.
- mashed banana
- pure pumpkin puree
- mashed sweet potato
- peanut butter *** make sure it does not contain xylitol
- Water can be substituted with beef or chicken broth.