Sausage Cheese Balls
Prepared with just 3 simple ingredients, these sausage cheese balls are a classic holiday appetizer!
Servings 43 balls
- 1 (16 ounce) block sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 cups baking mix such as Bisquick
- 16 ounces ground pork sausage I use hot
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until well incorporated (using your hands). Mixture will be very thick.
Shape into 1 ½ inch balls (about 1 ounce of mixture for each ball).
Place sausage balls onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and sausage is fully cooked.
Place on a platter lined with paper towels to drain. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Storage: Bring cooked sausage balls to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Place the unbaked sausage balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (about an inch apart).
- Freeze for two hours, or until firm and solid.
- Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- When ready to bake, arrange on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper (1 inch apart) and allow to thaw for 30 minutes. Bake as instructed.