Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These delicious chicken lettuce wraps are a satisfying and easy dinner ready in just 20 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts drained then diced
- 3 green onions sliced thinly (white and green parts)
- Butter lettuce leaves
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and yellow onion and cook until chicken is browned (about 5 minutes). Crumble chicken with a spatula or wooden spoon while cooking, stirring frequently. Drain off fat.
Add garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and sriracha and stir well to evenly coat chicken.
Add water chestnuts and green onion. Cook an additional 2 minutes, or until green onions are tender, stirring frequently.
Spoon chicken mixture onto lettuce leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds.