Thai Cucumber Salad
This cucumber salad with crunchy peanuts in a sweet, tangy and spicy Thai-inspired dressing is full of bold, vibrant flavors. An easy 10-minute side dish!
Servings 4 servings
For the dressing:
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
For the salad:
- 1 large English cucumber washed and thinly sliced (about 4 cups sliced)
- ½ cup sliced green onions about 2 green onions - green and white parts
- ⅓ cup chopped salted peanuts
Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
Place sliced cucumbers, green onions and peanuts in a medium bowl and gently toss to combine.
Drizzle with dressing and toss again to combine and coat with dressing.
Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- I prefer this served within a few hours of preparing, but it can be made and served up to 24 hours in advance.
- Increase or decrease the amount of crushed red pepper according to your personal taste.
- Delicious additions include chopped avocado, seeded and diced jalapeno, shredded carrots and chopped fresh cilantro.