Chicken Pesto Pizza
By utilizing the convenience of cooked chicken, prepared basil pesto and refrigerated pizza dough, this delicious pizza is ready in under 30 minutes!
Servings 8 slices
- 1 (13.8 ounce) tube refrigerated pizza dough
- ¼ cup prepared basil pesto more or less, to taste
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 Roma tomato thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh julienned or chopped basil loosely packed
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping optional
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12 inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Unroll dough onto pan and press from center to form dough to pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
Remove from oven and spread pesto sauce over crust, leaving about an inch on the edge of crust. Top with 2 cups of the shredded cheese, cooked chicken and tomatoes. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese evenly over pizza.
Bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Sprinkle with basil and Parmesan cheese, if desired.