German Cucumber Salad
A creamy, simple and refreshing cucumber salad in a sour cream and dill dressing.
- ⅓ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon prepared yellow mustard or Dijon
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt more or less, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper more or less, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill more or less, to taste
- 1 large English cucumber washed and thinly sliced (about 2 ½ cups sliced)
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion or yellow or white onion
Whisk or stir together sour cream (or yogurt), mustard, vinegar, milk, salt, pepper and dill in a medium bowl until combined.
Add sliced cucumbers and onions and gently stir or toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
- This recipe is best when served no longer than after 3 hours of refrigerating.