- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 3 cups chopped)
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head cabbage (2–1/2 pounds), cored and chopped into about 2-inch pieces
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (if desired)
- Cook beef and onion in a dutch oven or soup pot over medium high heat, crumbling beef as it cooks until beef is browned and no longer pink (about 7-8 minutes). Drain off grease.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute, stirring frequently. Add diced tomatoes with juices, tomato soup, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Stir to combine.
- Add chopped cabbage and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until cabbage is tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.