You’ll never miss the extra carbs in this easy and satisfying dinner prepared in ONE POT: Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
It’s cabbage rolls without all the work! This recipe is lower-carb (no rice), but feel free to serve it over rice if you’re not concerned with counting carbs.
How to make Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
It couldn’t be easier! Start by cooking the ground beef and onion. Drain off any fat, add garlic and cook another minute. Then add canned diced tomatoes, tomato soup, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, bay leaf and chopped cabbage.
Stir it all together, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes (or until the cabbage is tender).
The video below shows just how easy this dish is to make!
Hooray for easy and delicious one pot dinners!Print
You’ll never miss the extra carbs in this easy and satisfying one-pot dinner… it’s cabbage rolls without all the work!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 3 cups chopped)
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head cabbage (2–1/2 pounds), cored and chopped into about 2-inch pieces
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (if desired)
- Cook beef and onion in a dutch oven or soup pot over medium high heat, crumbling beef as it cooks until beef is browned and no longer pink (about 7-8 minutes). Drain off grease.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute, stirring frequently. Add diced tomatoes with juices, tomato soup, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Stir to combine.
- Add chopped cabbage and stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until cabbage is tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: unstuffed cabbage, unstuffed cabbage recipe