- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1–1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil. Add ground turkey, onion and bell pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until turkey is browned, crumbling turkey with as wooden spoon while it’s cooking.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cover and simmer for approximately 5 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve on buns.