A flavorful summer vegetable succotash that’s a delicious side dish perfect for any main course!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (about 1/2 of a large yellow onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 large ears fresh corn, cut from the cob (about 3 1/2 cups corn kernels)
- 2 cups FROZEN baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/2 pound fresh okra sliced (about 2 1/2 cups sliced)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- In a pot or dutch oven, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onions, cook while stirring frequently (about 5 minutes) or until onions are softened. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds), stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and add corn, lima beans, okra and tomatoes. Cook approximately 8 minutes while stirring frequently, or until vegetables are tender.
- Season with desired amounts of salt and pepper and stir in parsley.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: summer succotash, summer vegetable succotash