This moist glazed strawberry pecan bread with fresh strawberries and crunchy pecans is a perfect breakfast, brunch or dessert!
For the bread:
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries (about 1/2 inch pieces)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1–1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans (and additional chopped pecans for topping glaze, if desired)
For the glaze:
- 1–1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup finely diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk *
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray or grease pan.
- Place chopped strawberries in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the granulated sugar and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, the remaining granulated sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Add egg, vanilla and melted butter to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Add strawberries and pecans to batter and stir to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center is removed clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare the glaze by stirring together powdered sugar, diced strawberries, vanilla and milk in a medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled bread.
*When preparing the glaze, the amount of milk will depend on the juiciness of your strawberries. Slowly add milk until desired consistency is met.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry pecan bread, strawberry bread recipe