For the Pretzel Crust:
- Approximately 3 large handfuls of pretzel sticks
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
For the Cheesecake Mixture:
- 1 1/2 8 oz tubs of cream cheese spread, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
For the Strawberry Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- Optional: 1 tbsp tequila
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place mini paper baking cups into mini muffin tin.
- Place pretzel sticks into plastic storage bag and seal bag. Roll with a rolling pin until crumbs are formed; you’ll need 1 cup of pretzel crumbs
- Mix pretzel crumbs with melted butter and sugar.
- Press approximately 1.5 tsp of pretzel mixture into each baking cup onto bottoms and sides.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, flour, lime zest and vanilla, mix well.
- Add egg last, beat until just combined.
- Place about 1/2 of a heaping teaspoon of cheesecake mixture into baking cups.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set.
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove cheesecakes from paper baking cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, mix sliced strawberries with sugar and lime juice (and tequila if desired).
- Place 1 sliced strawberry on each cheesecake.
- Optional: sprinkle with additional lime zest.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Gardens