One of my favorite desserts is cheesecake, strawberries are one of my favorite fruits, and margaritas are my favorite cocktail! So this little finger food cheesecake appetizer was calling me today!
The crust is made with crushed pretzel crumbs; you’ll put some pretzel sticks in a plastic storage bag and roll with a rolling pin:
Then you’ll mix the crumbs with a little butter and sugar…
Using a mini-muffin tin, you’ll press the pretzel crust mixture on the bottoms and sides of mini paper muffin cups:
Bake them to set the crust for about 5 minutes while you prepare the cheesecake mixture. Then you’ll spoon the cheesecake mixture into the crust:
Bake for about another 10 minutes and top with sliced strawberries marinated in lime juice and sugar. You can even add a little tequila to the strawberries for an awesome adult treat! Here’s the printable recipe for these luscious little cheesecake appetizers:Print
For the Pretzel Crust:
- Approximately 3 large handfuls of pretzel sticks
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the Cheesecake Mixture:
- 1 1/2 (8 ounce) tubs of cream cheese spread, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
For the Strawberry Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place mini paper baking cups into a mini muffin tin.
- Place pretzel sticks into plastic storage bag and seal bag. Roll with a rolling pin until crumbs are formed; you’ll need 1 cup of pretzel crumbs
- Mix pretzel crumbs with melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Press approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of pretzel mixture into each baking cup onto bottoms and sides.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar, flour, lime zest and vanilla, mix well.
- Add egg last, beat until just combined.
- Place about 1/2 of a heaping teaspoon of cheesecake mixture into baking cups.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove cheesecakes from paper baking cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, mix sliced strawberries with sugar and lime juice (and tequila if desired).
- Place 1 sliced strawberry on each cheesecake.
- Optional: sprinkle with additional lime zest.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Gardens
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
Keywords: strawberry margarita cheesecake bites