Seasoned and tender pot roast and vegetables prepared in your slow cooker.
- 1 (1.4-ounce) package vegetable recipe mix
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 pound chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces baby carrots (or 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced)
- 1 small yellow onion, thickly sliced
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, sliced in half
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vegetable seasoning mix, beef broth and thyme. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Season roast with this mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown roast on all sides (about a minute each side).
- Spray the insert of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker. Top with vegetables and pour beef broth mixture evenly over roast and vegetables. Place the fresh rosemary sprig on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low 7 to 8 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Category: Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker pot roast