The most tender, moist and flavorful pulled Mexican beef!
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (3-pound) boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- Place the roast in a 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle seasoning mixture over roast evenly. Top with salsa. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, or until tender.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks, discarding any fat.
- Allow fat to rise in liquid and skim off fat. Return beef to liquid mixture.