- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1–1/2 inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray the insert of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add sweet potato chunks. Cover and cook on high heat for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or low heat for 5-6 hours.
- Add butter and allow to melt. Add remaining ingredients and mash using a potato masher or mix with a hand mixer. Add more milk for a creamier consistency, if desired.
- I used a 6-quart slow cooker in this recipe.