This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Holiday celebrations are in full effect right now, so today I’m sharing one of my favorite party appetizers: Slow Cooker Crab and Artichoke Dip.
Sign up for my free email subscription and never miss a recipe.
Yesssss! I love slow cooker appetizers because they free up your stove AND are easily kept warm throughout the party. A win-win situation!
I have 3 slow cookers and I used a 2-quart slow cooker for this recipe. This recipe yields about 6-1/2 cups of crab dip, enough for about 13 people if each person gets around 1/2 cup each (sorry, I love crab dip and tend to over-indulge!). The reason I used a smaller slow cooker is because I’ve read that your slow cooker needs to be approximately 1/2 to 2/3 full to evenly heat and cook. If you use a larger slow cooker, this recipe will take less time.
I’ve been making this recipe for years, adding a little of this and a little of that until I got the taste like I wanted it… I’ve never measured the ingredients until now. Feel free to add more or less of the seasonings to your personal preference. Enjoy! 🙂Print
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) can lump crab meat, drained
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1–1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning, and additional for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, well drained and roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a 2-quart slow cooker, stir together all ingredients (except green onions) until combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2-1/2 hours, or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with additional Old Bay Seasoning and sliced green onions. Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.