Flavorful and tender buffalo wings prepared in your slow cooker, then baked for a perfectly crisp crust full of flavor!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Pinch of red (cayenne) pepper
- 3–1/2 pounds chicken wings, cut in half (THAWED not frozen)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add wing sauce, honey, garlic powder, seasoned salt and red pepper. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside (reserve 1/3 cup of this mixture for brushing the wings before they’re baked).
- Place chicken wings into your slow cooker insert and top with buffalo sauce mixture. Cover and cook on high heat for one hour and then low heat for one hour.
- Place wings on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, aluminum foil or sprayed with cooking spray. Brush with the reserved sauce mixture. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Inspired by AllRecipes
I used a 6-quart slow cooker in this recipe.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Slow Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker buffalo chicken wings, buffalo chicken wings, crock pot chicken wings