- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise and in half to yield 8 pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Optional: fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Season chicken on each side with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium high heat (leave juices from chicken). Add mushrooms and saute until soft, about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add milk and flour mixture, thyme, bay leaf, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened (about 4 minutes). Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Add chicken to sauce and spoon sauce over chicken to coat.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American