This creamy Shrimp Salad seasoned with dill and Old Bay Seasoning is always a welcomed appetizer or satisfying lunch!
- 1 pound medium shrimp in shell
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- Boil 1-1/2 cups water in a medium saucepan and add shrimp. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until shrimp are cooked and have just turned pink (do not overcook).
- Drain shrimp in a colander, rinse with cold water and allow to cool.
- While shrimp are cooling, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill weed and Old Bay Seasoning in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until shrimp are ready to be added.
- Peel and devein shrimp and cut in half (or chop, depending upon preference). Add shrimp, red onions and celery to mayonnaise mixture and stir well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Prep time includes time allowed for shrimp to cool.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shrimp salad, shrimp salad recipe