An easy, healthy and flavor-packed stir-fry ready in just 20 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini squash, sliced lengthwise, then sliced into half moons (about 2 cups sliced)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1–1/2 cups fresh corn (or frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes (about 2 small Roma tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cooked rice, crushed red pepper flakes and soy sauce (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium high heat. Add zucchini and onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until zucchini is crisp-tender (stirring frequently).
- Add shrimp, corn, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes and cook for an additional minute, or until shrimp have just turned pink on both sides.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil.
- Optional: Serve with cooked rice, top with a dash of crushed red pepper and/or drizzle with soy sauce, if desired.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Nutritional info does not include rice, crushed red pepper, or soy sauce.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: shrimp stir-fry, healthy shrimp stir-fry