- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, reserve juice
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, prepared according to package directions to yield 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle scallops with pepper and Old Bay seasoning on each side.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Place scallops in skillet and sear for approximately 2 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Remove scallops from skillet, place on a plae and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium high heat, pour juice from pineapple can (about 1/3 cup) in skillet to deglaze; stir.
- Add onions, pineapple chunks, and mushrooms. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spinach, a handful at a time, while stirring until cooked down.
- Serve spinach mixture over cooked jasmine rice and top with seared scallops.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: seared scallops with spinach over rice