This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Sometimes you just want a really good, really quick and simple appetizer. You’ve found it. Not everyone has the time (or just doesn’t want to) make everything from scratch. I like to experiment with a little bit of everything. So when I came across “seamless” Pillsbury crescent rolls, I thought to myself, “What can I do with these?”. I’m still thinking. But I did come up with this super easy and really tasty appetizer using ready-made Italian sausage balls that you buy in a bag.
They’re so pretty and elegant, it looks like you spent forever on them….but all in less than 25 minutes!
You’ll start with rolling out your seamless crescent roll onto a piece of parchment paper. Using a pizza cutter, cut the crescent roll into 12 squares:
Then brush the crescent roll with honey mustard. I used Boar’s Head brand honey mustard; it is SO good!
Then you’ll place your defrosted Italian sausage balls in the middle of each square. Bring each corner of the square up to a “peak” in the center. Use your fingers to seal the seams.
Then you’ll place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray & brush the tops & sides of each pastry with a beaten egg. This gives them a pretty “glazy” look when they finish baking. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown….THAT’S IT! 🙂 Here’s the printable version for these tasty little sausage ball pastries. Be sure to save it to your recipe box!Print
- 1 package Pillsbury SEAMLESS crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 12 ready made (in the bag) Italian sausage balls, DEFROSTED
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent roll and place on parchment paper.
- Using pizza cutter, cut into 12 squares.
- Brush honey mustard over crescent roll.
- Place 1 meatball in the center of each square.
- Bring corners of squares to a “peak” in the center. Use fingers to seal seams if necessary.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Brush beaten egg on tops and sides of pastries.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage ball puffs