A hearty and comforting make-ahead side dish!
- 3 pounds red potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed clean, cut into about 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup fully cooked chopped bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (green and white parts, about 2 to 3 green onions)
- 3/4 cup sliced celery (about 2 to 3 stalks, depending upon size)
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium to maintain a gentle boil. Cook until fork-tender (but not falling apart), about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and allow to cool while you’re preparing the other ingredients.
- Stir together mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, dill and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Transfer drained and cooled potatoes to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture and gently stir to coat potatoes evenly. Add bacon, green onions and celery and gently stir again to incorporate.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: red potato salad, red potato salad with dill