A mouthwatering ham glazed with a sweet and savory mixture of pineapple juice, dark rum, brown sugar, butter and seasonings.
- 1 (7 to 8 pound) fully cooked bone-in ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (6 ounce cans) 100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Begin baking ham according to package directions.
- While ham is baking, prepare glaze by melting butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple juice, light brown sugar, cinnamon and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer approximately 5 minutes (stirring frequently), or until mixture is thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and add rum.
- During the last hour of baking, baste ham with glaze and pan juices every 15 minutes.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pineapple and rum glazed ham