Overnight Eggnog French Toast Casserole – Make ahead the night before for a hassle-free breakfast!
For the casserole:
- 7 large eggs
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–1/2 teaspoons rum or vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf french bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
For the topping:
- 1/8 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a very large bowl, whisk together eggs, eggnog, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and extract.
- Add bread cubes and stir gently to cover all the cubes with the egg mixture.
- Place in a greased 9×13 baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Prepare the topping my stirring brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans in a small bowl to combine. Place in an airtight container, you’ll use this right before placing the casserole in the oven.
- When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Top casserole evenly with pecan topping.
- Bake (uncovered) for 40 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and egg mixture is cooked.
Adapted from Real Housemoms