- 2 thick cut bone-in pork chops (about 3/4 to 1-inch thick and approx 1–3/4 pounds total)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 2 cups marinara sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1–1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish (if desired)
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown pork chops, cooking approximately 2 minutes on each side. Remove pork chops from skillet, place on a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook zucchini, red bell pepper and onion until zucchini is crisp-tender (about 3-4 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning and bay leaf. Stir to combine.
- Return pork chops to skillet and coat with sauce mixture. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until pork chops are fully cooked. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Serve topped with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
The National Pork Board recommends cooking pork chops to an internal temperature of 145-160 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Italian pork chops, one skillet Italian pork chops, Italian pork chops recipe