EASY One Skillet Italian Chicken – Full of healthy veggies, lean chicken and with minimal cleanup!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2), sliced in half
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons (about 4 cups sliced)
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Season chicken with desired amounts of salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken until thoroughly cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side (time will depend upon thickness of chicken breasts). Remove chicken and place on a plate.
- Add onions and peppers to skillet and saute, stirring constantly until soft (about 4-5 minutes). Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and zucchini and continue to cook an additional 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes with juice and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and simmer for 8 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and allow to cook for 2 additional minutes, or until chicken is warm. Season mixture with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Sprinkle with basil.
Adapted from Delish