- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles (approximately 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until beef is cooked, browned and no longer pink (about 5-6 minutes). Crumble beef while cooking. Drain off fat.
- Lower to medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring frequently (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring well in-between each tablespoon.
- Add beef broth, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add egg noodles and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until noodles are tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove lid and stir occasionally to prevent noodles from sticking to bottom of pot (I stirred 5 times).
- Remove from heat and add sour cream. Stir to coat evenly. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Russian
Keywords: hamburger stroganoff, one pot hamburger stroganoff, ground beef stroganoff, hamburger stroganoff recipe, beef stroganoff with ground beef