- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer at medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla extract and peanut butter until creamy (about 30-45 seconds).
- Add the eggs, one at a time and continue to mix until blended.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add flour mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Using a large spoon, add oats and stir until combined.
- Place dough in freezer for approximately 5 minutes to slightly stiffen. Drop by heaping tablespoons on an ungreased baking sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Place cookie sheet on a trivet to allow cookies to cool before removing from baking sheet.
Refrigerate dough in-between baking batches of cookies. Total cook time is 1 hour for 4 dozen cookies.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com