This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
The traditional peanut butter “no bake cookies” were my favorite treat growing up. In elementary school they were called “Peanut Butter Delights”…….I would always buy an extra one from the cafeteria, wrap it in a napkin, and bring it home to my Mom. 🙂
I have a new love for Nutella. It is so chocolaty with that awesome hazelnut flavor….I wanted to do something different with these cookies so I used Nutella instead of peanut butter ~ and added some kahlua. By the way, you don’t have to use kahlua if you don’t want; I just wanted to add a little something extra. I should call them “Nutella Delights”! 🙂
Oh, and I just remembered that today is “Fat Tuesday”……how appropriate! These cookies were super simple to make. I just melted some butter in a big pot, added sugar, cocoa and milk, and brought to a boil. I boiled it for about a minute, and then added all the other good stuff: the Nutella, vanilla, oats, and kahlua. Then I stirred it all up really good to mix everything well.
Following is the printable version of these tasty little Nutella cookies:Print
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 2 teaspoons Kahlua liqueur (optional)
- Wax paper or parchment paper
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sugar, cocoa, and milk.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil for one minute, stirring often.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Remove from heat.
- Drop mixture by heaping teaspoons full onto wax paper. Using back of teaspoon, press down to flatten.
- Cool on wax paper (or parchment paper) for 30 minutes, then refrigerate.