My mom’s recipe for potato salad with hard-boiled eggs, sweet pickle relish and seasoned with Old Bay.
- 2 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 2 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt (for boiling potatoes)
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 heaping tablespoons sweet salad pickle cubes
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender, but not falling apart.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add celery and onions and gently stir to combine. Add sweet salad pickle cubes, spicy mustard, mayonnaise, Old Bay, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato salad