This delicious side dish is everything you love about Mexican street corn, but in a flavorful, easy and convenient salad!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced (about 3 tablespoons diced)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add frozen corn and cook until corn is lightly charred (about 10 to 11 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Transfer corn to a large bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe yields approximately 4 cups.
- Fresh or canned corn (drained) can be used (the cook time will be less).
- Wear gloves when working with jalapenos.
- Increase the amount of mayonnaise for a creamier consistency, if desired. Yogurt or sour cream can also be added, but don’t skip the mayo!
- Adjust the amount of seasonings to your personal taste.
- This is best served within 24 hours, but is good for up to 3 days (when properly stored in an airtight container in the fridge).
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: mexican corn salad, mexican street corn salad