I’ve always loved cooking on the grill and just get tired of plain burgers every now and then. These easy Mexican Cheeseburgers are a welcomed change to traditional cheeseburgers!
And I know some people can get serious about their grilling. I love using a charcoal grill. I enjoy the smell of the fire and the charbroiled flavor.
I’m actually considering purchasing a gas grill to try some serious slow cooking recipes this winter… so if anyone has any recommendations of what brand and model of a gas grill to purchase, please pass them along!
Soooo… about these burgers: I’ve grilled burgers with salsa in the patties, and I’ve also grilled burgers and topped them with guacamole.
This recipe, however, has guacamole MIX and salsa in the patties. Thought I’d give it a try and they were phenomenal. Definitely worthy of a repeat.
I’ve also learned the hard way that when I’m grilling any kind of burgers, NOT to use extremely lean ground beef – the burgers turn out dry. I like my burgers juicy, so I use 80-85% lean ground beef.
When my coals look like this is when I know my grill is ready. I have a Weber charcoal grill that I love. I purchased it as a gift to myself about eight years ago and it has never let me down. All I’ve really had to do is purchase new grates recently…it has been used so much the original grates had almost disintegrated.
This cheeseburger recipe is super simple and perfect for summer grilling. So whether you’re a gas or charcoal grilling king (or queen!)… you’ll love these cheeseburgers!Print
- 2 pounds ground beef (15-20% fat)
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 (1.1 ounce) package guacamole seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices cheddar jack cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sliced tomato
- Optional condiments: mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, etc.
- In a large bowl, combine hamburger meat, salsa and guacamole seasoning. Dividing into equal portions, form 4 patties.
- Place on a preheated grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until desired amount of doneness is reached. During the last minute of grilling, place cheese slices on top of patties to melt.
- Place on toasted buns and top with avocado, lettuce, tomato and desired condiments.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: mexican cheeseburgers