If you’re looking for a quick, easy and light vegetarian pasta dish… look no further! This Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta is not only all of the above, it’s incredibly delicious.
Seriously… it doesn’t get much easier or quicker than this. If you do your prep work while you’re waiting for your pot of water to boil for the pasta, this comes together in under 20 minutes. YES!
If you’re wanting to add some protein into this dish, grilled chicken or shrimp would be incredible served with this pasta. I’ve actually got some leftovers and am planning to grill a chicken breast to enjoy with it tonight. It’s still pretty awesome on its own.
This pasta dish screams, “I love summer!”. It’s full of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, red onions, garlic, basil and a touch of olive oil.
Happy summer and enjoy!Print
A quick, easy and light vegetarian pasta dish!
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 ounces cubed mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package linguine pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 2/3 cup fresh julienned or torn basil
- Place tomatoes, onion, mozzarella, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and gently stir to combine and coat mixture. Cover and allow to marinate while pasta is cooking.
- Drain pasta. Serve tomato and mozzarella mixture over pasta and top with fresh basil.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: marinated tomato mozzarella pasta, tomato mozzarella pasta
Adapted from Real Simple