- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound slender carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cut off tops and very bottom of each carrot. Scrub and rinse carrots.
- Fill a medium saucepan half-full of water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add salt, then carrots. Gently boil (uncovered) until carrots are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain carrots in a colander and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add maple syrup and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add carrots and cook until carrots are coated with glaze, about 3-5 minutes.
- Gently place carrots on a serving platter and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: maple glazed carrots