A healthy and comforting cold weather soup!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 1/3 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems removed and roughly chopped into about 2 inch pieces
- 2 cups fully cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add garlic, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, chicken broth, water, kale, chicken and thyme. Stir well to combine. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until kale is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kale chicken white bean soup