My work schedule constantly has me scrambling for time, so I have no problem (whatsoever!) with taking shortcuts in recipes. These Kahlúa Peppermint Brownies are made with a boxed mix and are incredible!
This post is sponsored by Kahlúa. All opinions expressed are my own.
Did you know that you can take any boxed brownie mix, use Kahlúa instead of the water it calls for, and have yourself some pretty awesome Kahlúa brownies?
Dress those brownies up for the holidays even more by adding a simple icing made with Kahlúa and sprinkle some crushed peppermint candy on top!
There’s nothing more thoughtful to me than the gift of food for the holidays. I will simply wrap desserts in cellophane wrap and make it pretty with some ribbon and a cute ornament… everyone seems to love it!
So if you’re pressed for time this holiday season and want to give a friend a cute, thoughtful gift… this brownie recipe is for you!Print
Easy and delicious holiday brownies!
For the brownies:
- 1 boxed brownie mix
- vegetable oil (use amount stated on box)
- Kahlúa Liqueur (use instead of water that box recipe calls for)
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
For the icing:
- 1/4 cup butter, VERY softened, but not melted
- 3 tablespoons Kahlúa Liqueur
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
For the brownies:
- Prepare brownies as directed on box mix. Substitute water with Kahlúa.
- Allow brownies to completely cool, frost with Kahlúa icing and sprinkle with peppermint candy.
For the Kahlúa icing:
- In a medium bowl, stir all ingredients with a spoon until smooth.
Kahlúa icing adapted from RecipeGirl.com
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kahlua peppermint brownies
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kahlúa. The opinions and text are all mine.